tirsdag den 8. januar 2013

What is a COLLAGE ... or ColourCollage


To make collages its important to have a DEFINITION or an UNDERSTANDING - at least for one self.

Just leaving the atelier Im thinking I have a rather wide definition of collage

Wikipedia says:
Collage (From the Frenchcoller, to glue, French pronunciation: ​[kɔ.laːʒ]) is a technique of art production, primarily used in the visual arts, where the artwork is made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.Read more here

Looking at my results from today
I havent use a lot of glue
today
its not visible 
but is there hide by the painting

I have used the 'paperlinnen' I made before christmas
as background for 3 of them
postcard for the rest

As different elements I used 
4 colours
 musicnodes
ink

I have to decide which colour I shall choose 
black or white
for the background
and 
the frame ...
That is not my best

It ended up to be 

 9  Music-Colours-Collages

with leftovers-colour from christmas
purple, red and gold
and the black dark weather in january
the black ink
and
music from both


2 kommentarer: